Westbrook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westbrook

Where Agon looks like a cookie

HomeCommunity NewsGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» The last word
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am by Auldrick

» Happy b-day Pilus!
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 pm by Indar

» Playing DF?
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 am by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» Darkfall unfriendlyness
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:30 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» A rare oppertunity
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:37 pm by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» Civil leader candidates
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 am by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» COUNTRY MUSIC!!!
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:23 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» So yeah... Read it.
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» Military leader candidates
So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:56 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

Gallery
So yeah... Read it. Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

So yeah... Read it.

Go down 
+2
Rodger Dascombe
Archibald Diedrick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archibald Diedrick
Westbrook Member
Archibald Diedrick

Number of posts : 202
Race : Pansy human
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:32 pm

I found this on the Forums while waiting for Adventurine to open the shops.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=137956

I'll make some quotes from it, they might have fixed it though.
Quote :

As it stands now, the chat system is a series of tabs divided into;

alliance (racial alliance)
race
clan alliance
clan
party
public

and the biggest problem to me is the public chat, it's covers an entire area. the game atm distinctly lacks a /say for a small radius. preventing any kind of one on one rp, or small events, without the entire region knowing.

sure you can say just do it in party, but personally i'm not a fan of it, i like rp to be interactive in a kind of way that others can join in and yet not listen into it from the other side of the region, which both public and party just doesn't promote.

now i have plenty of ideas to immerse myself with my clan, but even then, for me the lack of a /say just removes any kind of personal rp you can have.

just curious what your takes are on this?

i'm aware they might just add it in, but i suspect it's low on their priority list.

Quote :
Was just discussing this tonight with some clannies. There are no emotes, no slash-say, nothing but regional channels which the people near you may or may not be in.

I did observe that this was going to severly crimp RPers' style.

Sorry, guys. Unless a major change is in the works for 2 days from now, this is definitely going to be an issue for you.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Rodger Dascombe
Westbrook Member
Rodger Dascombe

Number of posts : 68
Race : Human (Vaguely)
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:19 pm

i can tell that'll be a problem but it'd make sense since if your stealthing up to someone and say somethign to them it'll have your name on you saying it, making it a tad arkward for realisim

what they need is a /say chat that does'nt register your name on it so you have to guess who said it or be in VERY close proximity
Back to top Go down
Archibald Diedrick
Westbrook Member
Archibald Diedrick

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:02 am

True, they've probably fixed this (Very vauge thoughts about that.)now that the game is out.
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 am

Ok, now you're just getting silly with this realism stuff. Razz I understand all the realistic aspects of gameplay, and like it, but for a tool that would be mainly favourable to the rpers, you can do what normal rpers do and pretend you don't know who that person is.

Now if you were trying to creep someone out OOC by stalking them etc that's an entirely different story, but who'd do that?
Back to top Go down
Archibald Diedrick
Westbrook Member
Archibald Diedrick

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 pm

*coughs* Yeah, who would do that? *shifty eyes*
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

Number of posts : 406
Race : Human
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Eeeh.. damn. I hope they add a /say. I don't really care if it has names or not.
Back to top Go down
http://westbrook.omgforum.net
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 am

Yet another thing that is absent...
Back to top Go down
Archibald Diedrick
Westbrook Member
Archibald Diedrick

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:43 pm

Go read on the forums!

... or read it here!

Quote :
We’ll open up sales of a limited number of copies of Darkfall tonight European time Tuesday March 3d. We will try to repeat this every weekday until the extreme demand slows down and we’re able to leave the shop open 24/7. To answer the questions of how you can sell out a digital download, we’re throttling the number of new players in the world to limit queue times and protect the user experience. Server optimizations first and adding new servers in time are the steps we are taking to improve this experience.

From our launch experience, the extreme demand caused the account management infrastructure to lag and often time out. The hammering of the system by the users made things worse. Repeated attempts by users led to charge failures because of bank security rules. Incorrect billing information also led to failed transactions.

We expect the account management system to face extreme demand today as well. In order to try to avoid the issues we describe above, users who refresh before timing out, open multiple windows or tabs, and hammer the system will be temporarily blocked. Please do not refresh unless you have timed out or you will lose your place in the queue.

We'll post when sales open. If the copies we have available for today sell out, we will repeat this process again tomorrow.

Thank you,

The Darkfall Team

Interesting or?
Back to top Go down
gamon diealot (cookiebal)
Westbrook Member

Number of posts : 472
Race : human
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 am

i want a retail copy
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't think there will be any gamon, there are about 200k people that would buy the game online and they cant even handle that.
Would be very stupid of them to go for a boxed version of the game...
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:20 pm

they cant handle all those at once .

they will be able to handle them all in a couple of weeks.

not everyone got lots of money like mythic of blizzard for a 'proper' launch.

and playing with constant D/Cs, ques lagg and crowded start areas isnt much fun i think.
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 pm

gamon diealot (cookiebal) wrote:

and playing with constant D/Cs, ques lagg and crowded start areas isnt much fun i think.

I take it your refering to Darkfall there? Razz
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am

yeah , tough it would be fun to see all those noob fights Razz

someone tries to hit a goblin but because of the lag he hits some other guy. and he tries to fight back but suddenly there is a big noob fight!! Very Happy:D:D

devs should teleport everyone on the server to an arena for a last man standing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So yeah... Read it.   So yeah... Read it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So yeah... Read it.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Westbrook :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: