Westbrook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westbrook

Where Agon looks like a cookie

HomeCommunity NewsGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» The last word
The Universe. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am by Auldrick

» Happy b-day Pilus!
The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 pm by Indar

» Playing DF?
The Universe. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 am by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» Darkfall unfriendlyness
The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:30 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» A rare oppertunity
The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:37 pm by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» Civil leader candidates
The Universe. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 am by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» COUNTRY MUSIC!!!
The Universe. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:23 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» So yeah... Read it.
The Universe. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» Military leader candidates
The Universe. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:56 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

Gallery
The Universe. Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Universe.

Go down 
+3
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Lunasoll
Auldrick
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-14

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 pm

CnP'd from the Spore Forums, makes for interesting discussion.

1. What do you think is outside the ever-expanding universe?
2. Does the Universe take up a shape?
3. What is in between galaxies?
4. Do you believe there will be a time when the universe ends, taking everything with it? If so, how?

Talk about the Universe here! Debating this stuff will most likely link into another question. Not strictly questions, just your opinion. And no, Lunasoll doesn't get to use this thread because he believes the universe was magically created by god and his herd of space dragons. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunasoll

Lunasoll

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-22

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 pm

I don't even know how to respond to that, space dragons? Where the hell did you get that from? And how does me believing in god make me an ignorant intolerant knowledge-hater? And why don't you realise that the universe is in the shape of a cookie? And I don't get what the creation of the universe has anything to do with the four points you just wrote down? Why haven't you stabbed me in the leg yet?

Also you're mean, I'm gonna tell on you!
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Lunasoll wrote:
BLABLABLABLABLAiamasmellyhorse

fix'd. And if you could read, you would be aware this has nothing to do with the creation of the universe and is merely a debate on what you think about it. But I don't hold it against you.

AND WHY CANT I DELETE YOUR POSTS. D:
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

Number of posts : 406
Race : Human
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 pm

4. Do you believe there will be a time when the universe ends, taking everything with it? If so, how?

1. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
2. Kinda depends on your definition of shape I suppose..
3. Lots of stuff, too much to mention.
4. Yep, I think it'll collapse and expand again.

Those are just my beliefs ^^
Back to top Go down
http://westbrook.omgforum.net
gamon diealot (cookiebal)
Westbrook Member

Number of posts : 472
Race : human
Registration date : 2009-01-11

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:51 pm

1outside our universe (we own it) are other universeses.
2 hard to tell if it has a shape if universes are 11D
3 space
4when our universe hits another universe everything explodes and it will start from the begining again.

it would be much more intresting if

an universe was made of a giant cookieball , all round things would be cookiecubes and the rest a cookietriangle
Back to top Go down
Lunasoll

Lunasoll

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-22

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 am

Auldrick wrote:
Lunasoll wrote:
BLABLABLABLABLAiamasmellyhorse

fix'd. And if you could read, you would be aware this has nothing to do with the creation of the universe and is merely a debate on what you think about it. But I don't hold it against you.

AND WHY CANT I DELETE YOUR POSTS. D:

Oh, you mean that you can't cookie my cookie, when cookie cookie'ed cookie? Cookie cookie cookie? Cake pie pie cake?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-01-13

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Ending is a human term I am a supporter of the infinity theory:

1. Another universe, endless other universes, or perhaps other dimensions but thats less likely.
2. Probably yes but nothing a human could ever coprehend.
3. The vacuum and a lot of stellar dust left over from former galaxies and universes grinded to such a small and infinite molecular shape we will most likely never detect them.
4. Perhaps but it will be because we keep going faster and faster untill everything is grinded to dust after which some unexplained natural law might create a new big bang starting the whole process again.

Time and Space are human laws because we are depending on them to be a continuous (we would go insane if we had to realise how very very very small we actually are) but its just something that comes from the old "earth was created in several days" theory which has proven to be flawed, I am convinced that everything is relative and therefore time and space do not actually exist.

There are several other scientific theories that support me in this including the light speed border (which says nothing can travel faster then LS but that if you travel at that speed the awareness of time changes) and the wormhole (or relative space?) theory (which says that space can be bended, a good example is picking up a magazine, rolling it up and putting it to your eye, the objects on the other side seem closer then they actually are, you are bending space).

And if you want to push this even further there is the life after death situation (which is on the point if being proven) or memory trough telepathic link theory (which is the same as the life after death theory but doesnt go with reincarnation but with a central memory storage between all humans containing all knowledge, also known as the link.), these theories both concider additional dimensions, one that provides space for spiritual 'souls' or space for some sort databank of all human expiriences from the moment we came down from the trees till we will all be dead.
If you are wondering what these last two theories have to do with the endlessness universe, they prove that the universe is bigger then space and time only therefore opening a window for the infinity theory.

I think space is ending, but only to the point that humans can observe it, everything beyond might as well not exist at all for we will never know of it.

And yes this is my favorite debating subject next to the possibility of a god or higher power and why it probably isnt true.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:28 pm

the universe is 13 biljon years old.

it was most likely created (or maybe reseted) by the big bang.

to create the big bang there should have been stuff before the universe was made.

if there was something before our universe then i think it will also end someday and that our universe will help in the creation of another universe
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Quote :
a good example is picking up a magazine, rolling it up and putting it to your eye, the objects on the other side seem closer then they actually are, you are bending space

Sounds more like an optical illusion to me.
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Aye, I agree, it does make for good discussion.

However, you can't deny that 'time' doesn't exist. For example, time moves much, much slower in deep, deep space than it does on a planet, like Earth. For example, if you were to travel at amazing speeds amazingly far, and stay out there for what was 30 minutes, then returned to Earth, 30 years would have passed.

But anyways, my views:

1. Hard to say, could be alot of nothing, could be a big multiverse. However, if we were to another thing like our universe outside our 'universe', surely we'd class it as being in our universe? Much simpler that way to just round it all together.

2. Ehm, I don't think it would be 'uncomprehendable' but there's no strict way of knowing really. I heard somewhere that it was a big flat oval - they found this out due to microwave imaging, but then again that could just be a rumor.

3. A whole lot of stuff, dark matter, cosmic anomalies (quazars, black holes that sorta thing), and god knows what else.

4. Big crunch. Then a big bang again. Then a big crunch following that and so on so on.
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:49 pm

@dagren, exactly, but so is life, you look up to the starts and actually look back in time for the light has been traffeling for a long long time, also an illusion or temperal mechanics? they are just names.

I also saw a documentary on the Discovery channel about the universe, they said we are moving at a certain speed away from the galactic core and are going faster and faster (explaining the the origin of big bang theory) they also said that eventually (in an absurd amount of time) everything will be moving at the speed of light, grinding every molecule apart.

Its a nice theory, but thats just it, they are all theories but we are just to small and stupid to understand what this galaxy is all about.

Heck if you would make a 5 hour movie out of the entire history of our galaxy, from the big bang till not, humanities 10.000 year existance would hardly take 2 nanoseconds before the end credits.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Indar wrote:
Heck if you would make a 5 hour movie out of the entire history of our galaxy, from the big bang till not, humanities 10.000 year existance would hardly take 2 nanoseconds before the end credits.

13 biljon years in 5 hours

13.000.000.000 years = 13*10^9
13*10^9*365 = 4.75*10^12 days
4.75*10^12 *24 = 1.1388*10^14 hours

so if my calculations are more or less correct then our universe is 113.880.000.000.000 hours old

1.1388*^10^14 hours into 5 hours is x/1.3888*10^14*5

10.000*365*24=87.600.000 hours

87.600.000/1.1388*10^14= 1.5524605*10^-7 10.000 years in the movie in hours

1.5524605*10^-7 *3600 = 5.56288581*10^-4 seconds

1 nanosecond is 10^-9 second

5.56288581*10^-4 *10^9 = 556288.581 nanoseconds

556288.581 is not even close to 2 so what you say isnt right Exclamation bounce
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Our universe is a lot older then 13 billion years I think. (wasnt 13 billion years the age of our sun/solar system?)

But anyway, I got that claim from a documentary.
Back to top Go down
Rodger Dascombe
Westbrook Member
Rodger Dascombe

Number of posts : 68
Race : Human (Vaguely)

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:22 am

gamon diealot (cookiebal) wrote:

13 biljon years in 5 hours

13.000.000.000 years = 13*10^9
13*10^9*365 = 4.75*10^12 days
4.75*10^12 *24 = 1.1388*10^14 hours

so if my calculations are more or less correct then our universe is 113.880.000.000.000 hours old

1.1388*^10^14 hours into 5 hours is x/1.3888*10^14*5

10.000*365*24=87.600.000 hours

87.600.000/1.1388*10^14= 1.5524605*10^-7 10.000 years in the movie in hours

1.5524605*10^-7 *3600 = 5.56288581*10^-4 seconds

1 nanosecond is 10^-9 second

5.56288581*10^-4 *10^9 = 556288.581 nanoseconds

556288.581 is not even close to 2 so what you say isnt right Exclamation bounce

*Wall of complete and total shite crits you for 10^9K damage*
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Indar wrote:
Our universe is a lot older then 13 billion years I think. (wasnt 13 billion years the age of our sun/solar system?)

But anyway, I got that claim from a documentary.

Hate to sound snobby but..

HAHA, IGNORANT FOOL! Our universe is around 13-14 billion years old, our Solar system is, understandably, alot younger.
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:03 am

Well auldrick this was an intelligent discussion untill you let the ape come out in yourself. Thank you for proving evolution once again.

Also I did a little research and your the ignorant fool here, the oldest object/instrument reading humans have ever found is believed to be around that age, the universe itself is probably a lot older and a lot of scientists believe that aswell.
And to add to that, it is extremely likely that we will adjust this age many many more times as our instruments will be able to look further and further away from earth.

Or perhaps believing that the earth and all of evolution (including the dinosaurs) was created in 6 days and it was only 2000 years ago that adam and eve started their impossible breeding progress? (not only impossible because they are only 2 humans but also because eve is technically a clone of adam, probably making her share 50% of their chromosomes causing a similar to sister/brother relation. I will not have to explain to you how its impossible that they started humanity right?)
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 pm

auldrick also started the discussion btw Razz

and i dont think we can have a real discussion about something most scientists dont fully understand Razz

Quote :
The age of the universe is the time elapsed between the Big Bang and the present day. Current theory and observations suggest that this is between 13.61 and 13.85 billion years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Please refer to the post above for a dose of I TOLD YOU SO.

And jesus, take a joke man. Razz When I capitolize something it's usually supposed to be light hearted.

Now please, Indar, could you put an end to your..well..quite frankly violent behaviour and continue this discussion like a civilized being?
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Auldrick wrote:
Please refer to the post above for a dose of I TOLD YOU SO.

And jesus, take a joke man. Razz When I capitolize something it's usually supposed to be light hearted.

Now please, Indar, could you put an end to your..well..quite frankly violent behaviour and continue this discussion like a civilized being?

STFU NOOB!!!
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Auldrick wrote:

rofl lol!
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Ah right, so the lack of emotion icons in my posts mean that I am being violent?
STFU auldrick.
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:02 pm

It does?

Well in that case calm down. D:

Incidentally - SARCASM, PEOPLE.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:30 pm

bom Twisted Evil farao I love you Basketball cheers Twisted Evil Embarassed Wink flower afro Neutral Smile Twisted Evil @ monkey bounce bounce tongue tongue Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

The problem with internet is that it isnt possible to be sarcastic in a proper way, we cant hear your voice so we cant hear how you mean something.

Currently your 'sarcastic' behavior isnt funny at all.
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 am

gamon diealot (cookiebal) wrote:
bom Twisted Evil farao I love you Basketball cheers Twisted Evil Embarassed Wink flower afro Neutral Smile Twisted Evil @ monkey bounce bounce tongue tongue Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You hippie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe.   The Universe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Universe.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Westbrook :: Off-topic :: Debate-
Jump to: