Westbrook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westbrook

Where Agon looks like a cookie

HomeCommunity NewsGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» The last word
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am by Auldrick

» Happy b-day Pilus!
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 pm by Indar

» Playing DF?
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 am by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» Darkfall unfriendlyness
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:30 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» A rare oppertunity
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:37 pm by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» Civil leader candidates
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 am by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» COUNTRY MUSIC!!!
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:23 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

» So yeah... Read it.
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am by gamon diealot (cookiebal)

» Military leader candidates
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:56 pm by Jerome Dagren Dascombe

Gallery
Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?

Go down 
+4
Rodger Dascombe
gamon diealot (cookiebal)
Auldrick
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

Number of posts : 406
Race : Human
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:07 pm

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ptsbCwcbrfc

This to start of the discussion. This was in America a decade ago, now the European Union wants to do the same here. Even though similar British policies were deemed illegal by the European court for human rights not long ago.

Don't be a sheep! If you want to live in these circumstances: Move to China.
Back to top Go down
http://westbrook.omgforum.net
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Well, if that's what they want to do then that's what they're going to do. Being all awkward and rebeling against it and stuff just causes problems, not as if it's going to make them change their minds.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

Number of posts : 472
Race : human
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 pm

what they want?

also i dont like china
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Auldrick wrote:
Well, if that's what they want to do then that's what they're going to do. Being all awkward and rebeling against it and stuff just causes problems, not as if it's going to make them change their minds.

Are you serious? You're just going to lay down as they take over your life until you have no freedom left? Baaaah, sheep.
You forget that governments only have power if people give it to them. Something that is very noticeable in the Dutch drugs policy. If local governments ignore national laws because they feel those laws are creating more problems, there is nothing the national government can do about it except saying "Hey, I don't agree with that.".
(Eindhoven is going to set up city-funded growhouses for cannabis. Even though those growhouses are forbidden by law)
It's not like they can send the army on your ass, cause in the end those soldiers are human beings too.

Same goes for corporations, corporations don't own any power. They borrow it from the people. If the people want it back, they can get it back.
Back to top Go down
Rodger Dascombe
Westbrook Member
Rodger Dascombe

Number of posts : 68
Race : Human (Vaguely)
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm

"People should not be afraid of their governments...
Governments should be afraid of their people..."

- V
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Rodger Dascombe wrote:
"People should not be afraid of their governments...
Governments should be afraid of their people..."

- V

I wouldn't be surprised if we would be blowing up the European Parliament in 10 - 15 years. Wink

Or atleast die trying.
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:16 pm

we should make an anti-china club
Back to top Go down
King Lokk Ironheart
Westbrook Member
King Lokk Ironheart

Number of posts : 112
Race : Dwarf
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 pm

I agree, don't be a fucking sheep. Power to the masses.
Back to top Go down
Rodger Dascombe
Westbrook Member
Rodger Dascombe

Number of posts : 68
Race : Human (Vaguely)

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Dagren Dascombe wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if we would be blowing up the European Parliament in 10 - 15 years. Wink

Or atleast die trying.

Dagren

my dad once told me this

"If you ever blew up the houses of parliament, i would be proud of you...
If you ever became a member of the conservative party, i would disown you"

i intend to nuke that building at one point Razz
Back to top Go down
Westbrook Member

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Rodger Dascombe wrote:
Dagren Dascombe wrote:

Or atleast die trying.

im gonna tell the cops
Back to top Go down
Archibald Diedrick
Westbrook Member
Archibald Diedrick

Number of posts : 202
Race : Pansy human

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Rodger Dascombe wrote:
Dagren Dascombe wrote:

Or atleast die trying.

Dagren

my dad once told me this

Can I aid you in that case? I wanna test my new bomb!
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:59 am

Rodger Dascombe wrote:
Dagren Dascombe wrote:

Or atleast die trying.

Dagren

my dad once told me this

Nukes would cause too much collateral damage, having a, surviving, audience is so much more effective as well. Razz

And @Auldrick, what kind of problems would rebelling against a potentially oppressive regime bring?
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:35 am

I dunno, in the least severe sense an awkward situation, in the most severe sence people dying.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is no one's going to rebel, it's all very well talking about it and being all anti-whatever, but if this is actually introduced I don't see it being removed.

I mean, come on, talking like your some kind of freedom fighter's pretty lame if you ain't got nothing to back it. : P

I'm just looking at it from a logical sense here.
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:11 am

I don't have anything to back it up with but words, but remember that words can be very powerful.
So like I said, I would be willing to give up my life for freedom.
Because a life without freedom can hardly be called a life at all. And I'm not speaking about this single issue, but I fear that more of these 'security measures' will be taken. And some day we could find ourselves in a world that has gone very wrong.
What you're saying is only logical in a sense that has been pushed through our throats for the past decades. We have to be decent persons, or more extremely put: model citizens. But that entire concept is entirely made up. And it doesn't matter if it was made up so it could be abused or if it was made up with the best intentions. What matters it what it is being used for, and that goes for a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:28 am

Jerome Dagren Dascombe wrote:
So like I said, I would be willing to give up my life for freedom.

No offence but..bullshit. Razz

Anyways, fair enough. I don't see this being widely introduced, I was talking about things like this in general.
Back to top Go down
Jerome Dagren Dascombe
Chief
Jerome Dagren Dascombe

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:40 am

It's going to be introduced this summer in the EU.

And I hope I don't have to proof you wrong Razz
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Jerome Dagren Dascombe wrote:
And I hope I don't have to proove*(spspsp) you wrong Razz

Likewise..

wait..no, I want to proove you wrong. : P
Back to top Go down
Dag

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Oh nice job on the spelling correction. Why do you want to prove me wrong? Razz
Back to top Go down
Auldrick
Westbrook Member
Auldrick

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Dag wrote:
Oh nice job on the spelling correction. Why do you want to *proove (SPSPSPSPSP) me wrong? Razz

Because that's what debating's all about!
Back to top Go down
Indar
Westbrook Member
Indar

Number of posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Hm this gives me another idea for a topic.

btw this is ridiculous, we should never allow this to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?   Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thumbprints, DNA, urine samples... was George Orwell right?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Westbrook :: Off-topic :: Debate-
Jump to: